Saturday, April 19, 2008

Rock Me Amadeus

Musical talent runs deep in both sides of the family so it's no surprise to either of us that our ever so talented daughter took to the xylophone as quickly as she did. It brought a tear to my eye...a proud mom moment...to see her be such a natural with the 'piano' like her mommy. Some of you may snicker thinking "Courtney...musically inclined....piano???" Yes it may come as a shock to you, but it's true. I was once a piano wizard. Let's just say if you ever get the chance to hear me play "Hey Jude" or "Tomahawk Chop" (Chrysta I'll need some assistance as it's not the same without the duet), all questions will be lifted from thought. Kelly is a fabulous guitar player, Grandpa and Auntie Chrysta too...so when Brinnon picks up a guitar and starts finger pickin' without help, these relatives can claim that talent but I'm taking the piano/xylophone. I spent eight LONG years taking lessons down in the 'dungeon' of our teacher's basement every Wednesday eve from 2nd grade to my junior year of high school. Chrysta and I practiced (with severe force and/or threats) everyday (or most) for a half hour with hopes from Mom that one of her daughters would become the next Mozart. We often heard "One day you'll thank me for this". Unfortunately I only remember "Hey Jude" by heart, and I do a great version of Chopsticks with my favorite piano partner, trouble maker, co-conspirator Chrysta! Maybe Brinnon will be able to teach me a thing or two, by the looks of it at 9 months she already is better than I ever was.

3 comments:

Kara Salmela said...

wow! rock star! And you... a piano player? I am surprised... me? I was a saxophone player.

Tiffy Soo said...

Your daughter is absolutely adorable! Hopefully her and Henry will get a chance to meet this summer.

Tiff

T and Ri said...

I don't think it was Eddy's poop that I picked up. I don't mind her poop as she provides hours and hours of entertainment for my daughter.....